:: View topic - What you are you currently playing? (Where to find friends)

What you are you currently playing? (Where to find friends) -
  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gunthore PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:22 pm

What you are you currently playing? (Where to find friends)

Not sure if this will catch on or not (so little traffic these days) but can't hurt to try.

What are you playing now?

Respond below and I'll update the first post. If you start playing something else and might be for a length of time, post the game (and server, if applicable), then other HMers could join and find you!

Game - Char Name - Server

Gunthore:
Secret World Legends - Trapsin - NA Server
FFXIV - Gunthore - Adamantoise

Faelen:
A little EQ2
Single player games

Doomey/Scarlet
EQ2 - Defiant - Maj Dul

Shuu
EQ2
Single player games
Corral young children to focus on math Smile

Last edited by Gunthore on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
Site Contributor

Gunthore PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:34 pm

I'll go first. I've been playing Secret World Legends since it (re) launched. It was on my bucket list to check out, and I never tried the original version (The Secret World). I really enjoy the game, but it's a bit of a gear grind, especially towards the end. As I've done most of the group/raid content and am approaching BiS gear in every slot, just grinding cash to buy the last 2-3 pieces and to afford BiS runes for everything (expensive, probs take a few months of dailies before I can get there), it's really just the grind that's left to increase gear strength. I guess I should finish the main story, as I'm like 85-90% of the way through it, but I care more about group content, and as I'm near the end save grinding item power, I started looking into alternatives, had a few in mind, but one caught my eye.

FFXIV, I played the beta and liked it, but not enough to stop what I was playing at the time. Lately it's been on the most popular MMOs (next to WoW), as far as I can tell, and I've been wanting to try it, but with the wealth of F2P games out there I never saw the opportunity to jump on. Well I just found out the game has a free trial and you get every class/job (all on one character) up to level 35 (I think 50 is max). Plus, the complete edition of the game (all expacs and 30 days sub, + 15 if you get a char to lvl 20 or something) was on sail for $25. I bought it, installed the game and am going to play the trial for now and activate my code when I feel like devoting a bit more time.
Site Contributor

Faelen PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:24 am

Excellent initiative Gun!

I'm currently not really playing anything that's not a single player game, but I do log on to EQ II every now and then just to see what it's like. I am looking forward to Pantheon and Ashes of Creation. I think that at least one of them should be a decent fit for me.

Looking forward to hearing what others are playing, might jump into one of those games!

Gunthore PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 am

Agreed, I'm excited for both of those as well Smile
Site Contributor

Doomey PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:15 pm

scarlet and I are playing eq2 again.

we made new characters about 3 weeks ago on a random server. halls of fate i think. we just wanted to kind of lay low and go at our own pace. with the expansion, we got the super ultimate premium epic amazing pay to win edition and boosted our new characters to 100 + 100 tradeskills. working on epic now.

I bet Shuu had all the pre reqs done.

I'm on my last pre-req now for the dirge. kurns access. I will never play an alt until they have major shortcuts (not just faction).

Anyway, we ran into some old revelations friends that happened to raid with Kindred and got invited to their guild. Might entertain raiding again.

We are having a hard time finding people to help us on halls of fate though. We might end up coming back to maj dul. Smile

forgot to say my characters name is defiant on halls of fate

View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger Reply with quote
Fyrespring PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 pm

I didn't have ALL of them done! Just.. most of them. And only lacked a few thousand for the faction I was missing. Shaali, on the other hand, may never get her epic, and forget about any other alt. I don't love them enough.

As per topic, I pretty much just play EQ2. Some single player games, and a mobile game or two.

Oh, and that wonderful game called "Corral young children and try to focus said young children on topics such as math, when everyone knows that's not important and what are we doing on December 21 and are we going to the movies and last year Santa visited the classroom will he do that again and I have 3 big HUGE gifts under the tree at home and isittimetogohomeyethowlongtilChristmasmymomsaid18days!" Laughing
Site Contributor

Doomey PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Doomey wrote:
scarlet and I are playing eq2 again.

we made new characters about 3 weeks ago on a random server. halls of fate i think. we just wanted to kind of lay low and go at our own pace. with the expansion, we got the super ultimate premium epic amazing pay to win edition and boosted our new characters to 100 + 100 tradeskills. working on epic now.

I bet Shuu had all the pre reqs done.

I'm on my last pre-req now for the dirge. kurns access. I will never play an alt until they have major shortcuts (not just faction).

Anyway, we ran into some old revelations friends that happened to raid with Kindred and got invited to their guild. Might entertain raiding again.

We are having a hard time finding people to help us on halls of fate though. We might end up coming back to maj dul. Smile

forgot to say my characters name is defiant on halls of fate

transferred back to majdul. after about 4 hours of LF help for an epic update on that dead server i had enough. back home now Razz

View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressMSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Play it! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: