:: View topic - Warcraft

Warcraft -
  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gunthore PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:35 am

Warcraft

Just watched it, and I really liked it. I don't know how good of a movie it really was, it wasn't terrible, but I don't have a super high bar. I want to enjoy movies so I let a lot of stuff slide that others seems to have problems with.

Complaints: Acting in some parts wasn't great. It jumped around a lot, as in, you could tell a lot of scene's were cut. A bit of back story on things felt rushed or not existent.

Pros: The orcs were really cool. The magic was pretty cool.

But my absolute favorite thing about the movie was seeing Azeroth come to life. I've never played WoW (except 5 minutes on a lvl 11 character once). But I know it has a unique armor style (large, bulky) that previously I haven't been a large fan of. But the human armor felt very WoWish to me, which was the point, same with their swords. It was really cool to see the visual styles I associated with the game shine through to the big screen.

I tried watching the movie while I was making dinner, but I realized I wanted to see all the visual details in the armor, the orcs were really cool visually, the magic, the cities, everything really. I had to just sit down and watch it so I wouldn't miss anything. I doubt if any critics would call it visually stunning, but for me it was seeing the wow art style come to life that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I've heard it wasn't successful enough so there will likely not be another, which I say is too bad.
Site Contributor

Silverleaf PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 pm

I really enjoyed the movie myself, of course I've played WoW off an on so I know a fair amount of the lore and it was fantastic to see it come to life! I think too many people expect LOTR expansive story that goes on and on... I tend to expect fun, period. As long as the story is decent and the action good I'm a happy camper. I find more often than not I really enjoy movies most people sneer at /shrug Was nice to see someone else saying they enjoyed it :D Also it's always nice when I pop by the forums and see a new post, it's good to stay in touch!

Gunthore PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I check the boards for new posts probably way too often.
Site Contributor

Silverleaf PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 pm

I stop by once or twice a week, not really having the time / energy to game means I don't have that close knit bunch to chat at, Holy Might was the last guild I really feel like I clicked with... a lot off good memories, more than a few that involves booze and vent but that's what good friends are for right lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Watch This! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: